In case you didn't already know, ASC has been offering online speech therapy from the comfort and safety of your own home. Known in the industry as 'teletherapy' or 'telepractice', research shows that speech therapy via videoconferencing can be just as effective as in person therapy (read the research here).
Here are some of the things we like best about Teletherapy at ASC....
1) Reduces regression. Regular intervention reduces regression that may otherwise occur during extended therapy holidays.
2) Facilitates caregiver involvement. In young children (ages 1-4), teletherapy sessions increase caregiver involvement, which research shows leads to the best outcomes of therapy.
3) Enables parent coaching. Teletherapy is an excellent option for parent coaching sessions (e.g., for late-talking toddlers) during the critical period of language development (ages 0-3). Young children can be observed and strategies applied in their functional environment!
4) Easily integrated. It's easier to integrate into daily life than clinic visits (no commuting, coordinating siblings, etc.).
5) Highly engaging. Children of all ages (and obviously adults) are very engaged by this method of intervention, enabling quick progress.
Teletherapy can be used to target the following:
Articulation and speech production skills
Early literacy, reading, writing
Social communication skills (e.g,. Autism)
Accent modification & presentation skills
And much more!
ASC is currently offering FREE 15 minute "trial" sessions and a reduced session rate for the month of April.
Please get in touch with us if you would like to set up an appointment.